Andrew (Andy) James Keeley

DoB: 16 September 1956 PoB: Basildon Position: Defender/Midfielder
Career: Tottenham Hotspur (1976-77), Sheffield United (1977-81, 34 (0) + 1), Scunthorpe United (1981-83)

Keeley made his Spurs debut in a First Division game against Birmingham City in Ocotber 1976, the then England Youth International made a further five more appearances before the end of that season, sadly the White Hart Lane club failed in their battle against relegation.

In December 1977 he was allowed to leave the London club on a free transfer, this is where he joined the Blades and signed by then caretaker manager Cec Caldwell, he made his debut in a 5-1 defeat to the hands of Bolton Wanderers at the Lane, and later on in season was sent off along with team mate Alan Woodward in the 4-1 defeat at Burnley.

Despite being a midfielder he looked more at home in the back line of defence, he made just 28 appearances for the Red and White Wizards and was a member of the side that beat Cup Giants Liverpool 1-0 in League Cup.

At the end of his second season at Bramall Lane the club were relegated to Division Three, he rarely featured during the 1979-80 and 1980-81 seasons. His last appearances for United came in a shocking 4-1 defeat to Newport County in January 1981.

In the summer of 1981 he was allowed to leave his club yet again and joined Scunthorpe United for free, during that 1981-82 season his only goal of this particular campaign came in a game against Rochdale. He was a regular in the Iron squad the following season which won promotion to Division Three.

He played a part in the game against Chesterfield at Saltergate which the 2-1 victory clinched the Fourth Division Championship, he was freed at the end of the season.

His elder brother Glenn Matthew Keeley turned out for Ipswich Town, Newcastle United, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Oldham Athletic, Colchester United, Bolton Wanderers and Everton during his professional playing career - winning a Full Members Cup medal with Blackburn in their victory over Charlton Athletic (1-0) in the 1987 final.