Billy puts Sharp back into Blades

Last updated : 11 March 2008 By Jamie Furniss
Billy Sharp broke the deadlock on 69 minutes from a close range header. In so mutch delight he ran to the South Stand and took his shirt off, but after he got a yellow card but as if he cared.

The game started very brightly for the Blades and hironicly, Sharp should have had a hat-trick. 1st he and James Beattie did some nice work with eachother and Sharp beat keeper Marshall, Beattie could have knocked it over the line but he thought let it roll over the line because it will be Sharp's 1st goal, but what he knew is that a defender ran behind him and cleared off the line.

The Blades kept pressing and a David Carney shot rebounded to Billy Sharp who did a fancy finish and he saw it hit the back of the net but when he ran to celebrate with the Kop he also saw the linesman's flag.

The Blades went in at half time goaless but they knew more was to come from themselves.

Coventry started the half brightly with shots from Misfud and Best but both were easily caught by Kenny.

Then the moment came what all Blades fans were wating for. David Cotterill got his 2nd assist in 2 games to cross the ball to Billy Sharp and he headed the ball into the back of the net and ran off with delight. This time it counted.

10 minute's later Referee Kettle blew for a penalty for the Blades as he spotted a foul on Billy Sharp. Sharp put the ball on the spot but Gary Speed said he wanted to take it. So Speed stepped upto the spot and did a dissapointing penalty as he hit it straight at the keeper but the ball came staright back out to the Welshman and he rebounded the ball into the goal for his 1st goal as a Blade.

Referee Kettle who didn't have a good game at all blew for a penalty for Coventry on 80 minutes. Allegdly Morgan pulled down Misfud but to me it was a blatant dive. Ward stepped upto the spot and converted it into the top corner of the goal past Paddy Kenny.

4 minutes of added time were held up on the board and Coventry nearly scored because referee Kettle eventually played 6 minutes. Whistles around Bramall Lane were blew by the Blades fans and eventually Kettle blew for full time.

Kettle dished out 8 yellow cards and 2 penaltys all in the 2nd half. This was the Blades 1st double of the season.

As i was walking out of the Kop, Morgan signaled to the fans that the penalty he conceded Shouldn't have been given. The kop laughed.